Any Bangladeshi individual who has the means and capacity to repay a bank loan, In specific terms, these could be salaried employees/executives of multinational and middle to large size local corporate, Government, Semi-autonomous bodies, in reputed NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) international aid agencies and UN bodies, and other employees acceptable to the bank
Purpose: To meet the financial need for Travel purpose. (Local/Foreign)
- Age: Minimum age 22 years ( At the time of application), Maximum age at loan maturity up to 60 years (At the end of Loan Tenor)
- Minimum Service/length: For a permanent and confirmed salaried person, a minimum of three (3) years experience with 1-year employment in the present organization.
- Yearly income (Net BDT) should be At least three times the total yearly installments amount of the applied loan
Loan Size: Minimum BDT 25000.00, Maximum amount of loan under this Scheme will be Tk.3.00 lac (Taka Three Lac)
Tenor: Minimum 12 months /24 months &/or maximum 36 months
Repayment method: Equal monthly installments
Disbursement Mode: By making credit to the customer’s savings/Current account
First repayment date: 1st repayment will be started at the end of one month from the date of disbursement.
Debt Burden Ratio (DBR%): A maximum of 33% based on net monthly income
[su_box title=”You may like”]
- Recent Passport size photographs of the applicant(s) and guarantor (s).
- Photocopy of NID/Passport of applicant (s) and guarantor (s)
- Latest Utility Bill (Gas/Water/Electricity) as a proof of present address of the borrower.
- Itinary of Travel/Visit with Budget.
- Office ID of the applicant (s) and guarantor (s), if any.
- Latest Tax Certificate / E-TIN
- Personal Net Worth statements of the applicant (s) and guarantor (s).
- Bank Statement of last 12 months for businessmen and 6 months for others.
- Rent or Lease agreement of house/property (if applicable)
- Salary Certificate / Letter of Introduction.
- Professional Certificate issued by the concerned Institution
Interest Rate: 15.00% per annum with quarterly rest. The rate of interest will remain fixed throughout the tenure of the Loan.
Availability Period: Maximum 6 months from the date of sanction advice.
Prepayment: Loan to be prepaid on payment of 2% breakage cost on prepayment amount.
FAQs on Travel Loan
- Are there any restrictions on how the loan amount is spent?Ans: Once you have obtained the loan amount, you can use it any way you want. If you are using it for travel purposes, you don’t have to provide any information to the company about how much you have spent on various expenses.
- How long do I have to wait to get the loan amount in my account?Ans: Most lenders offer instant personal loans to customers. Approval is provided within a few hours. Loan disbursal is done within a maximum of one or two days. Hence, you can plan your travel accordingly.
- What are the repayment modes available for travel loans?Ans: Customers can choose to repay the loan amount through multiple modes. You may use post-dated cheques or pay cash to the company. The best way to repay the loan amount is through online transfer or by setting standing instructions.
- Why should I provide my income proof to obtain these loans?Ans: Since travel loans are unsecured, banks look for borrowers who have a low risk of defaulting on their loans. The income proof is obtained to assess the repayment capability of the borrower. This is also the reason why banks set a specific income requirement for applicants to apply for a travel loan.
- How can I choose the tenure for my loan?Ans: You may choose your loan tenure based on your repayment capability. If you can afford to pay a high sum every month, you can choose a low repayment period and pay off the loan early.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. I try my best to respond to every comment that comes my way. If for any reason you don’t get a response, feel free to ask me on Twitter, and Facebook, and if you want to follow me on those social media links as well to see different pictures and just talk about different things going on in the tech world.