The Most Popular Amazon Echo Dot Smart Speaker With Alexa (4th Gen, 2020 release)
This new 4th Gen Echo Dot brings a new spherical shape to the Echo Dot lineup. It is about the same width as the previous Echo 3rd Gen(2018 release), but since it is a ball now it is obviously a little taller. The 4th generation Echo Dot device’s sound is much better. It is clear and less muffled. Amazon’s 4th Gen Echo Dot original smart speaker gets a brand-new look and sound.
What does an Echo Dot do?
The Amazon Echo Dot is a smaller version of the original Amazon Echo smart speaker. Alexa can play music, set alarms, control other “smart” devices in the home, play games, and answer questions by searching for information on the internet, just to name a few of its many skills.
Meet Smart Speaker With Alexa Echo Dot (4th Gen)
Round out any room with Alexa. Our most popular smart speaker has a sleek, compact design that fits perfectly into small spaces. It delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for the full sound you can enjoy anywhere in your home.
- Meet the Echo Dot – Our most popular smart speaker with Alexa. The sleek, compact design delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for a full sound.
- Voice control your entertainment – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and others. Play music, audiobooks, and podcasts throughout your home with multi-room music.
- Ready to help – Ask Alexa to tell a joke, play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather, set alarms, and more.
- Control your smart home – Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, and lock doors with compatible devices.
- Start Routines with your motion – Turn on compatible lights, play your Flash Briefing, or turn on the coffee maker when you walk into the room.
- Connect with others hands-free – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device. Instantly drop in on other rooms or announce to the whole house that dinner’s ready.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic off button.
You may like:
- Top 5 Webcams for Live Streaming
- How to Use Phone as Webcam Via USB (Android/PC)
- The 5 Best In-Ear Headphones for Gaming and Music
- The 5 Best Gaming Mouse of 2022
Amazon Echo Dot Smart Speaker With Alexa – 4th Gen Price and availability
The Amazon Echo Dot with Clock costs $59.99 and is available as of November 5. It replaces the puck-shaped Echo Dot with Clock on the e-commerce giant’s virtual shelves. However, the classic third-generation Echo Dot is still being sold for $29.99 while supplies last.
Echo Dot (4th Gen)
|3.9” x 3.9” x 3.5” (100 x 100 x 89 mm)
|12 oz (341.3 g) Actual size and weight may vary by the manufacturing process
|Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
|A shared network that can simplify Echo device setup and can help your device reconnect to your wifi router when you update your password or network name. Sidewalk uses a small portion of your internet bandwidth to provide these services to you and your neighbors and is enabled on your device unless you have previously disabled the setting. You can disable Sidewalk at any time. Learn more here.
|Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
|1.6” speaker. 3.5 mm line out for use with external speakers (audio cable not included).
|Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and is also accessible via your web browser. Supported operating systems. Certain skills and services may require subscriptions or other fees.
|Amazon Wi-Fi’s simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their Wi-Fi network in a few easy steps. Wi-Fi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter. Learn more about Wi-Fi simple setup
|Warranty and service
|90-day limited warranty and service. Optional 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year extended warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. The use of Echo Dot is subject to these terms.
|The Alexa app and Alexa-enabled products include several features for customers with accessibility needs related to vision, hearing, mobility, and speech. Learn more about Alexa accessibility.
|Included in the box
|Echo Dot, glacier white power adapter (15W), and Quick Start Guide.
|Echo Dot (4th Gen) – 2020 release
|Wake word technology, streaming indicators, microphone off button, the ability to view and delete your voice recordings, and more. Visit the Alexa Privacy Hub to explore how Alexa and Echo devices are designed to protect your privacy.
|Alexa speaks English and Spanish
|Alexa Skills & Features
|Alexa makes your life easier, more meaningful, and more fun by letting you voice-control your world. Alexa can help you get more out of the things you already love and discover new possibilities you’ve never imagined. Discover and learn what Alexa can do.
|Software Security Updates
|This device receives guaranteed software security updates until at least four years after the device is last available for purchase as a new unit on our websites. Learn more about these software security updates. If you already own an Amazon Echo, visit Manage Your Content and Devices for information specific to your device.
Should You Get Amazon’s Echo Dot?
With Amazon’s compact smart home hub, you can readily explore an alternative way to build a smart home without maxing out your credit cards. Here’s quick pros and cons list of the Echo Dot.
- Has audio-out port, Bluetooth speaker support. With Dot’s help, your stereo system can become smarter.
- Cheaper than the Amazon Echo yet similarly useful. Despite being $100 cheaper than the full-sized Echo, the Dot still delivers the same level of usefulness as its bigger predecessor.
- Let’s you do thousands of handy Alexa “skills”. Managing the house and living your life may be much simpler with the Dot, even you’re just watching a marathon of The Walking Dead.
- Its speaker is unimpressive. If you’re a serious audiophile, you’re better off pairing the Dot with the best portable speakers around.
- The Alexa mobile app needs a little fixing. Because the app can be buggy at times, get more “skills” for your device the conventional way: web browsers.
All in all the Echo Dot is definitely worth having. At a very reasonable $50, it’s a great entryway into the world of smart devices.
Follow us on our Facebook page.