Streaming live on platforms like Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook is a fun and exciting way to get your voice heard (and earn money along the way). One of the most important aspects of live streaming is the camera. Whether you’re adding a camcorder, webcam, or smartphone camera, the streaming setup will look more professional regardless of the camera type.
When it comes to choosing a camera, it can be difficult to choose the best one, so this guide will help you narrow down your choices.
1. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Streaming Webcam ($39.95)
About this item
- True 720p HD Video – Post true HD video to online video sites.
- 16:9 Widescreen – For cinematic video recording.
- Clear, High-Quality Video
- Noise Cancelling Microphone – Crystal-clear audio and built-in unidirectional microphone with acoustic noise cancellation.
- Universal Attachment Base – Work on your desktop, laptop, or notebook.
The first lineup is the Microsoft LifeCam. It’s the perfect camera for video streaming just getting started. Video quality is reasonable for the price, but the audio quality of this webcam is eye-catching.
Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam Quality Review
An important aspect of this camera is that it has the largest built-in microphone, which provides crystal-clear sound quality in many studio conditions. Our least favorite part about this camera is that it can only record at 720p quality at 30 FPS (frames per second), not the industry standard of 720p at 60 FPS.
Overall, this is a good budget option.
2. Logitech HD Camera C615 Webcam ($39.99)
About this item
- Record sharp, vibrant HD 1080p videos that capture the smallest details compatible: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Video chat in fluid HD 720p on Skype, Google Hangouts, Face-time for Mac and most other major video calling services
- Enjoy flexibility, performance, and fluidity that built-in webcams can’t match
- 360-degree full motion rotational camera, fold and go portability, and tripod ready base
- Premium auto-focus for razor-sharp images, even in close-ups, Built-in microphone filters out background noise
- Built-in microphone filters out background noise
- Record clear videos even with dim or poorly backlit settings thanks to the automatic light correction
- Works with Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, and Android. This product is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 – 10.6x as a plug-and-play camera.
This webcam is perfect for those who are just starting out in streaming. It’s the cheapest one on the list, and it offers everything you need to start streaming.
Logitech C615 Webcam Review and Video Test – Best Webcam for Zoom, Skype, Streaming, and More
The best thing about this camera is the price and the fact that it can record at 1080p at 30 fps (frames per second) and 720p at 60 fps with the 8-megapixel camera. It also has 360-degree adjustment options. The worst thing about this camera is that it can’t record at 1080p at 60 FPS.
This is definitely the best option if you are just starting out.
You may like: How To Use Phone Camera As Webcam For PC Via USB
3. Logitech C920 Webcam ($63.39)
This camera is ideal for anyone because the Logitech C920 balances performance and budget. This “Full HD Glass Lens” webcam records 1080p video at 30 FPS and 720p at 60 FPS. Contrary to most webcams, this camera also offers a stereo microphone instead of the standard mono input microphone, which produces better sound.
Logitech C920 Webcam – Before You Buy
The only downside to this webcam is that it can’t record 1080p quality video at 60 FPS, like the Logitech Brio (about $100 more).
Overall, this is one of the best webcams on the market.
Also like: How to add Facebook Live videos to YouTube
4. Logitech C922 Pro Webcam ($79.99)
About this item
- Full high-def 1080P streaming stream and record vibrant, true-to-life video. The glass lens and full HD 1080P captures the most exciting details, bright and natural colors in fluid video at 30Fps, while the 78-degree field of view accommodates up to two people. You can use the app to zoom in and pan The camera.
- HD 720P AT 60FPS streaming serious streamers need the hyperfast frame rate of 60 fps at 720p for particularly smooth video, and that’s just what the C922 delivers. You’ll be live broadcasting with no lag or distortion.
- Brighter images equipped with HD autofocus and light correction, The C922 fine-tunes to the lighting conditions to produce razor-sharp high-def images even if you’re in a dim setting.
- Full Stereophonics fitted with two microphones, one on either side of the camera, the C922 Pro Webcam is able to capture more realistic sound from every angle, so that your voice comes through sounding natural and clear.
- Free tripod included
The Logitech C922 is $15 more expensive than the C920, and it’s the next step toward a higher-quality stream. The main advantage of the C922 is that the autofocus is professional quality and can be adjusted according to changes in the environment. The camera can record 720p video at 60 FPS, and it comes with a tripod!
Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam Review
Although focusing is better, there seem to be some issues with exposure (how bright or dark the picture is). Even with sharp images, the default exposure settings can make photos a little dark.
At the end of the day, this is a great camera to use in a well-lit studio.
5. Logitech Brio Webcam ($155.01)
About this item
- Ultra 4K HD resolution: 4 times the resolution of a typical HD webcam; look your best and enjoy a professional video experience wherever you are with 5x HD zoom.
- Auto light adjustment: Logitech RightLight 3 uses HDR technology to show you in the best light, even in low-light and backlit situations.
- Noise-canceling technology: Dual Omni-directional mics suppress background sound so you can be heard clearly.
- 3 field of view presets: Choose 90°, 78°, or 65° dFOV via Logi Tune to include more of your environment or narrow the focus on you.
- Up to 90 fps: Create high-quality video recording or streaming in any light condition.
- Windows Hello integration: Easily and securely sign in to your computer without a password.
- Privacy shade: Flip-up or down to cover or expose the lens.
- Works with Windows, Mac, or ChromeOS and popular calling and streaming platforms; 1 year limited hardware warranty.
Logitech Brio Webcam Review: Best 4K Webcam
The main disadvantage of this camera is that the bandwidth required to stream data in 4K quality is higher than the average home limit. If you have some extra cash to spend on a camera, this is definitely your choice.
Subscribe to our Youtube Milon365 Channel. Follow us on our Facebook and Twitter page.