Right off the bat, the most important aspect of a good pair of headphones is comfort. You need to make sure they are comfortable to wear. Personally, the headphones I use have excellent sound quality, but since I wear glasses, my continued use of glasses adds to the discomfort.
The headphones I’ve chosen from this list are for professional musicians and gamers and are my personal favorite.
Often, if a pair of headphones is good for music, it’s usually good for gaming as well. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Weight: 1.1 lbs.
Dimensions: 8 x 3.3 x 6.8 inches Frequency Response: (500 Hz – 3 kHz)
Sol is ideal for those on a budget. The sound quality is comparable to Beats (by Dre).
Pros: The headband is very comfortable and very durable. You can fully hyperextend them and the shape will return to its original shape. The sound quality is near perfect, and the speakers, headband, and wires are all interchangeable so you can develop your own style.
Cons: The cable that came with the headset felt a little cheap, and I had to replace it after a few months of casual use. When I’m not wearing glasses, the speakers sit comfortably in my ears. Wear glasses and after a few hours of use, it starts hurting my head.
About this item
- X3 sound engine speakers deliver powerful bass, clear highs, and supreme vocal accuracy. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- 3-button mic + music control
- Virtually indestructible FlexTech Sound Track headband has a 1,000-day guarantee
- Compatible with REMIX collection of headbands
- Compatible with most Apple, Android, and Windows devices that use a 3.5mm jack
Weight: 0.63 lbs.
Frequency Response: 5 – 35,000 Hz
This is a very powerful and popular pair of headphones, especially for gaming. They feel lightweight and durable, with very comfortable ear pads. For the higher price, this might be a good option for those who play games a lot. Probably not the best choice for late-night gaming.
Pros: The earpads are great for long-term use. The microphone works fine.
Cons: They don’t cancel noise. The microphone is not removable.
About this item
- Advanced 53 mm drivers provide extremely accurate sound reproduction for FPS (first-person shooter) and other games
- Open-air design provides unrivaled sound quality clarity and comfort
- Improved 3D Wing Support system offers hours of comfort and a secure fit
- Audio-Technica’s state-of-the-art microphone enables crystal clear in-game voice communication
- Simple volume control and locking microphone mute switch enable one-hand operation
- Extremely soft earpads provide superior comfort for extended gameplay
Weight: 0.69 lbs.
Dimensions: 7.5 x 3.4 x 7.4 inches Frequency Response: 15 – 25,000 Hz
While this wireless earphone is a bit less powerful than previous options, it more than makes up for it in many ways. 30 hours of battery life (with LED mode off) gives this pair of extremely comfortable headphones a slight edge over the Audio-Technica Open Air. [Used by professional gamers: Shroud]
Pros: The most comfortable pair of them all. Excellent sound quality. The microphone is removable. Comes with the appropriate cables for most gaming and music connections.
Cons: Microphone quality is somewhat degraded, may require an external microphone. In normal lighting, you only need about 13 hours of battery life. No surround sound, just stereo.
About this item
- Gaming grade 2.4GHz wireless connection, with up to 30 hours of battery life
- Signature HyperX comfort and immersive in-game audio
- Durable, adjustable steel slider
- PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready
- 90° rotating ear cups with LED lighting effects
- Intuitive onboard audio and mic controls
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone: Microphone engineered to function only when in wireless mode and only on PC and PS4
You may like: Top 5 Webcams for Live Streaming
Weight: 0.23 lbs.
Dimensions: 2.7 x 1.7 x 4.9 inches Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
This wired headset is a lightweight version of the HyperX headset. Some of the advantages of this pair of headphones are: the microphone is significantly better quality, it comes with a set of replaceable pads (more comfortable than the original), and it can be used on any computer (Mac or PC) and any console. [Used by professional gamers: TSM_Myth]
Pros: Much cheaper than previous pairings. Lightweight. Replaceable ear pads with different qualities (soft leather vs standard leather). High-quality removable microphone.
Cons: 7.1 surround only works on computers, but an only stereo on consoles. The bass sound is drowned out on the phone.
About this item
- Extremely lightweight for maximum comfort. Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
- Hydrophobic, stain-resistant fabric shell and comes with two sets of ear pads – sports mesh and microfiber
- Maximum audio performance with DTS Headphone: X 7.1 surround sound and Pro-G drivers for dynamic range
- Detachable boom mic and two audio cables included to work with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile
- The removable boom mic has a micro-pop filter to reduce environmental noises and deliver clear communications
- USB port for PCs or 3.5 mm audio port for console/mobile
Weight: 1.3 lbs.
Dimensions: 8.7 x 4.7 x 9.1 inches Frequency Response: 5 – 35,000 kHz
Our heaviest headphones also happen to be my personal favorite. They feel high quality, and the frequency response is unmatched. While this pair requires an amplifier to drive high-quality sound, there’s a small price to pay for the best possible sound quality. [Used by professional gamers: Ninja]
Pros: The best sound quality of any headphone. Best for music editing and gaming. It can be used for a long time even with glasses and is very comfortable. The open design increases comfort.
Cons: Although the sound quality is higher, additional amplifiers are required to drive higher-end sound. Inseparable cable, if the cable is disconnected the headset is useless.
About this item
- Open over-ear headphones, ideal for professional mixing, mastering, and editing
- Perfect for studio applications thanks to their transparent, spacious, strong bass and treble sound
- The soft, circumaural and replaceable velour ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Hard-wearing, durable and robust workmanship – Made in Germany
- Practical single-sided cable (3.0m coiled cable)
There are plenty of options for over-ear headphones, but we’ve done our best to keep the list short so it’s easier to make a decision.
We also tried to narrow down the list by focusing on games and music. Hope you will find something that suits your needs. Enjoy!